IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD…
According to the National Good Neighbor Day website, “the spirit of a great neighborhood starts with good neighbors.” Here are 7 ways you can be a good neighbor:
- Make your neighborhood a friendlier place simply by greeting or waving to your neighbors. It might inspire them to do the same.
- Host a tailgate party at home and invite your neighbors over to watch the game. Go Badgers!
- Invite your neighbors over for a cookout or bonfire.
- Help out an older neighbor with a chore such as raking the lawn.
- Do you have extra vegetables from your garden? Share them with your neighbors.
- Join Nextdoor, a free private social network for neighborhoods to stay connected with neighbors and informed about what is going on in your neighborhood.
- Pay attention to the safety and security of your neighbors and their homes.
Together, we can strengthen our communities by being a good neighbor. Show others how you celebrate National Good Neighbor Day by using #goodneighborday.