OCONOMOWOC’S 12TH ANNUAL CHILI FEST TAKES PLACE SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2021.
Chili fest is one of the community’s favorite events of the year. Here are 11 useful tips for the festival.
- Bring your appetite. This year, there will be over 15 businesses participating in the chili tasting contest and over 10 participating in the bloody Mary tasting contest. The tastings kick off at noon and will go until 3 PM. Brat and hotdog meals will also be available for purchase on the Village Green.
- Be adventurous. Chili Fest provides you the perfect opportunity to taste a variety of unique recipes. Opt to try something new and different.
- Vote for your favorite. Bring a pen and vote for your favorite chili and bloody Mary. Support the local business who crafted your favorite, by sharing on social media and tagging the business.
- Carry napkins. Bring your own napkins to have them handy when you’re in need.
- Dress warm. Don’t let the cold weather spoil your fun during this outdoor event. Dress for the weather and bring hand/foot warmers just in case.
- Entertain the kids. Keep your kids busy by registering them in the treasure hunt. Pick up their treasure bag and map first, so they can collect small treasures as you weave downtown to the tasting locations.
- Bring your bags skills. Find a partner and participate in the bags tournament.
- Buy tickets online. Purchase your tickets ahead of time online on the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association’s website.
- Bring cash. Sweet treats and fireside smores will be available on the Village Green, in exchange for a cash donation to the Oconomowoc Food Pantry.
- Grab your ice skates Work up your appetite and/or work off the calories during family ice skating from 11 AM-4 PM. Skate with your favorite characters including:
- Elmo and Cookie Monster (11 AM-12 PM)
- Princess (12-1 PM)
- Super heroes (1-2 PM)
- Come early. Parking is limited so come early and grab a coffee or do some shopping downtown before the festivities begin. The first activities commence at 11 AM.
Event information provided is believed to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed and subject to change. Please make sure to verify information for the event.